FREE ONLINE TRAINING FOR PRIVATE WELL OWNERS
The Private Well Class is a free, step-by-step education program to help well owners understand groundwater basics, well care best practices, and how to find assistance. It will also teach well owners how to sample their well, how to interpret sample results, and what they can do to protect their well and source water from contamination. The program combines a 10-part online class with live, interactive webinar events in which the material will be reinforced and questions answered.
NA WAI EHA APPURTENANT RIGHTS
The Commission has the legal authority to determine Appurtenant rights pursuant to HRS § 174C-5(15) which provides that, in addition to its other powers and duties, the Commission "[s]hall determine Appurtenant water rights, including quantification of the amount of water entitled to by that right, which determination shall be valid for purposes of this chapter." This obligation derives from Common law and from Hawaii Constitution Article XI, Section 7.
Updates as of December 4, 2013
The following are now available on our website. Please check back for more updates.
- October Commission Meeting Minutes
- November Commission Meeting Agenda and Submittals
- October Water Resource Bulletin
- Stream Channel Alteration Permit Application Review: SCAP.3851.3 West Loch Golf Course Drainage Improvements, Honouliuli Stream
- Employment Opportunity: Hydrologist I - IV
- Stream Channel Alteration Permit Application Review: SCAP.3854.3, Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation, Waiawa Tributary and Stream
- Stream Channel Alteration Permit Application Review: SCAP.3842.6, Haiku Road Culvert Replacement
- Notice to Applicants and Those Filing Objections, Provisional Recognition of Appurtenant Rights, Na Wai Eha Surface Water Management Area
- Hearing Officer's Findings and Recommendations, Provisional Recognition of Appurtenant Rights, Na Wai Eha Surface Water Management Area
- Meet New Commissioners Kamana Beamer and Milton D. Pavao
- Revised Monthly Ground Water Use Report Form
- 2013 Report to the Legislature, Identification of Rivers and Streams Worthy of Protection
- CCH-HA11-1: The Commission issued its Findings of Fact, Conclusions of Law, and Decision and Order in Ainako Stream Contested Case Hearing
- Intermdiate Court of Appeals Issues Ruling on East Maui Petition for a Contested Case Hearing
- The Supreme Court of Hawaii issued its decision in Supreme Court No. SCAP-30603, In Re Iao Ground Water Management Area High-Level Source Water-Use Permit Applications and Petition to Amend Interim Instream Flow Standards of Waihee River and Waiehu, Iao, And Waikapu Streams Contested Case Hearing
Water, The Lifeline of Our Islands
Want to learn more about the Commission?
Click on the short video clip above.
Requires Adobe Flash Player to view.